House update - March

Hi everyone! I wanted to take a break from the spring/summer makeup trends & just chat a bit. I've been meaning to do a house update for quite some time, but because it's all been a bit stressful I haven't wanted to write anything that would come across as grumpy. Thankfully, despite a few set backs, we're finally on the "home stretch" & I can now safely type without the inevitability of tears.

Incase you're not aware: George & I have bought our first house together. We started the whole process last year & have been patiently waiting for things to progress ever since. When we initially began toying with the idea of buying a home we spoke about buying an older style property to update & make our own. Then we fell pregnant & that idea had to be put on the back-burner: The priorities changed from a project to finding a property that we could move straight in to.

I didn't think that we would be able to find anything that I liked within our budget but then mum came home with a brochure for a new development just around the corner & we found our perfect starter home. I'm  not going to bore you with detailed accounts of everything that caused stress along the way, but I will say that I hope we wont have to do this all again any time soon. Even so, I cannot quite believe how lucky we are, or how perfectly everything seems to have fallen into place.

The original completion date has already been & gone & we're yet to be given a revised one that won't have changed a week later, but thanks to the love & support we've been given by our families; I am surprisingly calm.

I believe they are decorating at the moment & the water is being connected next friday. Then all that's left to be done is the garden (turf, fences & wall) & for us to have the flooring put in.

I've been planning every room down to the tiniest detail using the floor plans (I call it long-distance nesting) but I cannot really appreciate how things will be until we actually look around it, which will hopefully be in the next few weeks.

I'll be posting "home hauls", decor ideas, DIY projects & updates as soon as there's something interesting to talk about, for now I just wanted to use this blog post as the first of many & as a place to say a massive thank you to everyone who's helping us start this new chapter. I'm super excited for everything & I hope you enjoy coming along for the journey (virtually of corse - there's not enough room for all of us.)

Search This Blog