Evelyn's Christening


Yesterday at St George's church in Cam our baby girl was Christened. The Church is one that George's mum has a connection with so we were lucky enough to have her Christening during one of their children's services which meant planning was minimal & it was less formal than it might other wise have been. I haven't been to church in a long time & I don't think that I've ever been to a service in a church quite so traditional so I was a little nervous, but the atmosphere was friendly & everyone was so welcoming. The vicar, Sophia, who Christened Evelyn was so kind & made us feel really comfortable.

Evelyn's dress is one that my mothers, mothers, mother made & is the most beautiful Christening dress I've seen (yes, I know I am biased.) My Mormor was the first to be Christened in it, my mother was Christened in it, I was Christened in it & many others were Christened in it. Each of us have our names & the year that we were Christened embroidered in the dress & I feel so honored that Evelyn is now a part of that history.

After the service we all went back to George's family home for a BBQ & although I know that isn't what a Christening is 'about' it was the part that I enjoyed the most. It was amazing to be able to have so many of the people that we love in one place & I want to say a massive thank you to everyone who came along.

Because I was so busy all day I didn't get any time to use my camera so I'm really hoping that some of you that came were able to take some photos, if you did I would be so appreciative if you could email them to me. I know I will remember the day forever but it would be amazing to have an image or two to show Evelyn when she's older.



Search This Blog