22 weeks pregnant


I am so tired right now that I can't even bring myself to edit out the red eye in my picture. This is nothing to do with pregnancy & everything to do with having a poorly toddler who woke me up at 5:30 this morning. Still, I wanted to get this posted today as I find it hard enough to remember what's happened in the past week without adding a day or two. So here it is: 22 weeks pregnant, written in my tired & cranky voice, without any care for editing. Doesn't get much more real than that... :D


Evelyn & I went to visit some family last weekend which was so lovely, I don't get to see a lot of people that I wish I could see more of so when I do finally get an opportunity to make a journey I really relish it. 2015 is not going to be the year of travelling for us, it's just too expensive to drive long distances often but c'est la vie, hopefully next year. Hopefully soon.


How far along? 22 weeks.
Measurement at waist: 79cm (+3!)
Measurement at largest point: 90cm (+3) It is the evening however, so I'm guessing it's really a little less than that in. I do feel/look like I'm carrying higher than I initially thought at the start of this pregnancy though, so that's an interesting development.
Mood? Weepy. I cried at road kill on my commute to work. Who does that?
Symptoms: Still itchy skin. It's pretty unbearable.
Compulsions: Another consistent compulsion: Nesting. This week I rearranged the living room, shoe shelves & under the stairs. No heavy lifting though I promise.
Physical: Big, I feel big & wide & a bit of a whale. My bump has been noticed my more people & my tummy button is still as out as it's ever going to get so it shows through tighter tops. My hair is soft but my nails have become brittle. Go figure.
Fashion: I wore a pencil skirt to work this week which was such an awful mistake. It wasn't maternity & come 3pm I had it unzipped to give myself breathing room (my top was long so no one noticed). Classy huh?
Cravings: Ice cream. While typing this I am struggling to fight the urge to drive to the supermarket & buy some ben & jerry's cookie dough. I'm in my pj's though so I'm going to have to keep fighting that craving.
Sleep? Despite having already mentioned how exhausted I feel while writing this update my energy levels have been okay considering I'm getting 8 hours sleep on a good night. For most of you that probably seems a lot but I generally have that amount (or more) when not pregnant. What can I say, I love my rest.
Movement or Labour signs? I've noticed a lot of kicking today. Especially when I've been singing (to Evelyn) which is really lovely.
Looking forward to: Evelyn feeling better, finding space in the house for all of my books & having ice cream whenever that happens.
How's Evelyn? Evie is a poorly bunny. She's got slapped cheek syndrome so is very cuddly & warm & a bit of a grizzle-bum. George took the day off of work to look after her on Thursday & I did the same today. We're probably going to have to sort something for Monday as well but we'll worry about that when it comes to it. For now I'm just hoping she'll feel better in herself & keeping my fingers tightly crossed that I haven't been infected too.

Search This Blog