My postpartum life - 6 Weeks

I figured that after all of my pregnancy updates I should probably speak a little bit about my postpartum life. It may be the most uninteresting thing you've ever read but I wanted to type something up anyway, just incase it's not.

Evelyn is now 6 weeks old & that means my health needed a good check up. I have to admit that it's been a while since I've taken any time to think about how I am doing, so it was strange going to the doctors to chat about me. I'd braced myself for some invasive examinations & a  bit of breast fondling (to check my milk, not for fun.) But thankfully, apart from a quick feel of my tummy, the entire checkup was conducted in an interview format: "Any problems with your stitches?" "Are you breast feeding?" "How have your emotions been?" & then she asked me if I'd thought about what contraception I would like to go on now that we could get pregnant again. I felt like laughing, could she really think that I have enough energy at the end of the day?

Aside from the lack of energy leading to me feeling like I'm running on auto-pilot most of the time, I'd say things are pretty normal. I can't do too many star jumps because I may pee my pants, but on a positive note I'm almost back to my pre-pregnancy weight & I can just about squeeze into my pre-pregnancy jeans. The only other difference is that my boobs will never be the same.

Everyone talks about how you may potentially get stretch marks on your stomach (which I didn't) but no one ever told me that it's just as likely that you'll get them on your breasts. It doesn't seem to make sense to me that the area that stretched the most went unscathed but my humble boobs now have more scar than skin. In the grand scheme of things; it's all worth it, but I do sometimes wonder if I'll have the confidence to sunbathe topless anytime soon. Then again, we won't be able to afford a beach holiday for quite some time & when we can  they'll probably have faded to silver & silver's one of my favourite colours so I can't really complain.

I went through the entire pregnancy spending less than £50 on maternity clothes & I still don't understand why anyone would need to spend more. If you're pregnant & reading this: SAVE YOUR PENNIES FOR THE BABY. Or for the spa days you deserve - your money is definitely better spent on massages.

Search This Blog