Thursday, 26 September 2013

The Langton - Pub & Eating House


I love food & although I do quite like cooking nothing beats going out for a meal & I was a bit worried that having a baby might mean that we'd go out less. Thankfully we have a lot of great pubs/restaurants local to us that are child friendly & I find myself going out for lunch at least once a week which means I'm lucky enough to be able to try lots of different eateries.

Last week mum, baby & I popped to Cheltenham for a photo shoot & on our way back we grabbed some lunch at The Langton. Mum chose a burger & I chose from their fixed price menu (2 courses £11.95, 3 courses £15.49). It's available Mon-Fri 12:00-19:00 so it works for lunch or an early dinner. I could have happily chosen anything from there but was most drawn to the steak sandwich & Spanish doughnuts.

I completely forgot that Spanish doughnuts are another name for a churro & I don't think I would have chosen them if I realised as I'm not the biggest fan, but as churros go they were pretty good. The steak sandwich was really special though. The meat was full of flavour & really tender, the bread was fresh & hearty enough to soak up the flavour without being soggy & the onion rings were super crunchy. It's one of the best steak sandwiches that I've had in a long time.

As well as great food The Langton has a really nice atmosphere: It's friendly & cosey but spacious & light, the staff are really nice & I just felt really comfortable there. I'm definitely planning on going back & I would recommend it to anyone in the area.

You can book your table here or for parties larger than 16 you can fill in their enquiry form. Have you been before?

Search This Blog

Loading...