Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Makeup Monday #4 - Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation


I bought Rimmel's Match Perfection Foundation (RRP £6.99) a while back but didn't have the time to try it out straight away as I've been testing other products but I really wanted to write about it now because I'm actually quite impressed.


The foundation's campaign promises 'Traceless coverage foundation with advanced smart-tone technology for perfectly flawless skin under any light. Enhanced with Sapphire Radiance for an illuminating glow. Lasts all day.'

I found that, even with my dry skin, it WAS virtually traceless under all of the lights that I tested, it didn't give me flawless skin without the help of other products but it certainly helped to even-out my skin tone & it can be made slightly more opaque if you layer it.

It has a dewey finish which I love but I didn't find it's lasting power as good as promised so I ended up using a setting powder which rather dulled down its glow. It's a water based foundation so it's light coverage & really easy to apply (I'd suggest just using your fingers).

There are currently 11 available shades ranging from 010 Light Porcelain (the shade I wear) through to 402 bronze. Rather like a tinted moisturiser you can get away with a shade darker or lighter than your skin tone so it should last you pretty well all year round (well it would for me as I don't tan very well) & it has SPF 18 so your skin is protected a bit if you forget your suncream.

I do quite like this foundation & I really like the packaging: I think the glass bottle helps it looks more expensive than it costs & I'm a big fan of the pump applicator. All in all I'm pretty impressed & I think the positives out-weigh the fact that it smells a bit soapy. It's well worth a try if you prefer a 'barely-there' foundation.