Monday, 25 March 2013

BaByliss 2285Bu Curling Wand Review


After my pregnancy photo shoot post I had a lot of questions around how I styled my hair & I figured now would be as good a time as any to talk about the curling wand that I use.

My hair is naturally curly but, as anyone who has curly hair will know, it is completely unpredictable - you can have gorgeous ringlets after one wash & then a strange mix of frizz after the next. I used to use my GHD's to curl the sections that fell a bit flat but I found that curls were too fat & looked out of place so I took the plunge & bought a curling wand.

In truth the main factor in choosing this particular wand was price (I purchased it for £24.99 from boots.) I tend to go for a less expensive product when trying something new, I don't see the point in going for a high-end product straight away when I have no idea how often I will use it & after using this wand I can't help but wonder why you would spend a huge amount anyway - it works really very well.

The BaByliss 2285Bu curling wand features: 25-13mm ceramic coated barrel, 2.5m long swivel cord, 5 digital temperature settings, heat ready indictor, integrated heat rest, cool tip, heat protective glove, auto shut off & a 3 year guarantee. It's super easy to use & you can create varying density of curl depending on how natural you want your look to be.

After using a heat protection spray (I'm currently using Aussie Dual Personality RRP £4.69) all over my hair I use the wand on it's lowest heat setting, I curl different sized sections of hair in random directions & when it's cool i tease the curls through with my fingers. If I want the curls to last a long time I will set them with hairspray, but I find that my hair holds style well without so more often than not I will leave it natural & it's as easy as that.

As with all heat products it's really important to prep your hair well before styling & give your hair a  well deserved break every now & then. Even using the wand on it's lowest setting I wouldn't suggest  it as daily fix & I have to admit even using it sparingly I have experienced a small amount of breakage. I don't believe that is a reflexion on the wand itself as I experienced similar breakage when using my straighteners & I would still recommend it as a great starter wand for anyone looking at dabbling in the world of curls.

Search This Blog

Loading...