It was really, really easy to make & I think it turned out super cute so I wanted to share how I made it just incase you wanted to inject some romance into your decor. I hope that you have an amazing valentines day whatever you end up doing <3 <3 <3
What you'll need: Coloured paper, Scissors & a ruler or a guillotine, Stapler & Staplers, Twine, Double sided sticky tape.
Step by step:
- Cut the coloured paper into strips of the same size - mine ended up being 12cm long & roughly 2cm wide.
- Split the strips into piles - you need 6 strips per heart, so I had 2 dark blue, 2 mid blue & 2 light blue on each pile.
- Put aside enough twine to hang your hearts onto & cut the rest of the twine into equal lengths: Enough for one strip of twine per heart - mine were roughly 20cm
- Sellotape your twine into a circle & put one with each pile.
- Organise the strips into the order you want your hearts to appear - For the light colour on the outside my order was: dark blue, mid blue, 2 light blue, mid blue, dark blue. For the dark colour on the outside my order was: light blue, mid blue, 2 dark blue, mid blue, light blue.
- Staple the strips together as close to the bottom edge as possible.
- Place the circle of twine next to where you stapled, in the middle of the two colours that will form your outside heart & make sure that the sellotape is in the same area as the staple.
- Make sure that the twine is sticking to the strips of paper & staple just above the twine.
- Softly pull the two outer strips apart & bring them to a point away from the twine circle- this should make a heart shape.
- Do the same for the next two colours, ensuring that you have a slightly larger heart each time.
- When your hearts look like the picture staple the points together at the bottom of the outer colour.
- Cut away the excess paper so that you can't see the layers bellow the bottom staple.
- Repeat until you have as many hearts as you want on your bunting.
- Slide each heart onto the long twine that you put asside, hang up & enjoy.