Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Arbonne ABC

One of the ranges that I have been trying out during my pregnancy is the Arbonne ABC baby range. The full range includes: Baby Hair & Body Wash, Body Lotion, Nappy Cream, Sun cream & Body Oil. Obviously I haven't been able to try the majority of these products yet, but I have been using the Body Oil on my tummy as a stretch mark preventative.

Although there is no proof that adding moisture to your exposed skin will decrease the chance of stretch marks I need to feel that I have some control over my physical fate & wouldn't want to do nothing.

With all that being said, I also don't want my vanity to affect my baby in any adverse way & so have been researching what is in my products more than I have done before. The Arbonne Ingredient Policy goes into a lot of detail about all of their products but as it's a fair bit of reading here's a summery:

The products are never & have never been tested on animals & are formulated without:

I can't pretend that before becoming pregnant I really cared all that much about the ingredients in my products, price is usually my ultimate motivator, but when you are caring for more than just yourself a good bargain just doesn't justify a potentially dangerous product. That's not to say that you will pay a huge premium for ABC products: The baby oil retails at £14 for a 177ml bottle, compared to £15 for 125ml of Bio oil & from personal use I would say that the results are pretty much identical.

The product itself has a very subtle scent that I can't quite distinguish but is not unpleasant like some natural products can be. My only criticism is the packaging: It's sturdy & cute & hasn't leaked at all, but the only way to get the product from the bottle is through a small hole & because the product is an oil it pours very easily which can lead to waste. I personally decant my oil into a spray bottle & spray the product directly onto my skin, I would probably suggest doing the same if you buy this product. 

Other wise I have nothing but praise, I don't have any stretch marks on my stomach yet, I'm as sure as I can be that I'm not doing any harm to my baby & if there is anything left over I can use it on baby's skin. I've also been told that it's great at soothing eczema but I can't actually account to that as I don't personally suffer from it.

If you would like to purchase any of the ABC range you can do so here, or if you would like to find out about how to get the products at a discounted rate please email me & I'll be happy to put you in touch with the consultant who introduced me to these products.

Search This Blog

Loading...